Sunday, May 31, 2009

January 26, 2009

Dear Mom,

I'm doing great out here in Palmdale. I love it here. The work is a bit rough right now, but I know the Lord is just testing us. We even fasted on Wednesday and nothing happened immediately. But, just little by little. Training is fun and I really love it. It's not easy though because my Spanish is significantly better than Finch's, but wow! Finch is catching up. He's done a great job so far and he's hard on himself, but he'll do just fine. I'll find out my fate here on Friday, so wish me luck! I hope to stay here...but President did mention that he might need me elsewhere. I'll go where the Lord wants me to go!

I'm so happy for Rod! Can you send me his address, either e-mail or snail mail, so I can get in touch with him? He's a great kid, I'm so happy he's going back!

Funny story about the whole Bro. Luna conversation. I actually called him the other night and asked his side of the story, since I called my comp Woods down in the Valley and he told me about it. He really appreciated the call and he said he thought it was a telemarketer at first, then he just answered it. It was great though because he said when you asked for Bro. Luna, he was like great someone from church! Haha, talking about throwing a curveball! He had no idea it was coming! It took him a second to realize that you are my mother. Hilarious! Cindy, his wife, apparently cracked up on hearing you talked to him and caught him off guard. Oh man, I miss that family so much!

I found out that the Jaimes family probably won't be ready to go to the temple by the time I go...sad...but the Cardenas are working on it so I'm pretty pumped about it all. Woo hoo!

Great quote by Pres. Hinckley, that's one to save for sure!

The week recap!

We had some great appointments with members this past week, since our pool is really small and hard to find. Our prime investigator moved and is impossible to get a hold of, and our other one put us on hold due to work, and our third one is postponing her baptism so her LA dad could get everything together but he's not doing his part...so craziness!

Monday was a fun p-day, rested and watched movies. Oh Princess Bride! I never realized how cheesy it is, but it was hilarious! We had a great FHE with our LA Lopez's and they actually calmed down and listened to our message! I think they appreciate us actually making the effort to have a lesson with them, even though they aren't the most reverent. It was great though.

Tuesday was zone conference! We were at an appointment earlier that day and raced back in time for zone conference! It was good, but it was long. Just half the time, but man it was rough. I learned a lot, especially when President asked how diligent have we been with our planning. I'm proud to say Finch has whipped me into shape and we're doing pretty well as it is. We had a great time with our Peruvian members and they asked us hard questions

No comments: